On this page, we want to inform you about the current plan to ensure that the IARC 2021 location will be a safe place during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Currently, the regulations in Luxembourg allow for conducting events like the IARC when ensuring that all participants are
- either fully vaccinated against COVID-19,
- or fully recovered from a COVID-19 infection,
- or can prove a current negative COVID-19 test.
Based on this current status, we are optimistic that we can do a live conference under more or less reasonable conditions. The following measures are currently planned to be implemented at the IARC 2021:
- All participants that cannot provide evidence of being fully vaccinated or having recovered fully from a COVID-19 infection will be required to perform a daily COVID-19 antigen test before entering the conference location. Only with a negative test result will access be granted. We will set up a testing station at the entrance of the conference location.
- There will be 20-minute breaks between all presentations, discussions, workshops. During this time, the rooms will be ventilated, and there will be enough time to move between the rooms and keep a distance from other participants.
- The duration for the meals has been extended to avoid long queues at the food counter.
- Hand disinfectant stations will be set up across the conference location.
- The stalls will be set up with more distance between each and the size of the stalls will be restricted.
- Since the location outside of the conference rooms is accessible to the general public in the afternoon, in these areas, the distance rules and face mask rules apply after 4:30 pm each day. Before 4:30 pm the distance rules and face mask rules don't apply anywhere at the conference location.
Please note that this is the current plan, based on the current situation and information. This plan might have to be adapted at any time. We will, however, do our best to ensure that the IARC 2021 will be a safe event location for all participants.
Also, note that there is still the possibility that the situation will change in a way, which will make it impossible to conduct the conference as a live event. If you book any travel or accommodation arrangements, ensure that you have the option to cancel these in case the IARC 2021 is not possible as a live event.
note: all information on this web site is subject to change as the conference planning proceeds