This workshop is for everyone looking for some opportunity and reflection to improve their impact on animal rights promotion and is suitable for both newbies as well as long-term activists. The total length of this workshop is roughly 90 minutes.
Intro: in groups of 5: (~ 30 min)
- Self-introduction (Name, where are you from, current state of mind/ expectation/ how you feel) ~ 1,5 min each
- Brainstorm what high-impact approaches you know of that could / are currently having a great impact on enhancing protection and acknowledgment of animal rights. Is there systematic evidence (research) supporting this assessment? (10 min - It's about getting ideas, not finishing the task)
- Discuss/Order those approaches according to needed skills, impact, and potential downsides. (10 min - It's about getting ideas, not finishing the task)
Now split according to your preferences:
Group 1: for people seeking feedback (~ 30 min)
- Whoever wants to: Share / Exchange what is your current approach (1,5 min each) + Why is this your current approach
One minute to think about it quietly, then 1,5 min each (~10 min)
- Brainstorm collaboratively how listed approaches could be altered to improve / enhance / safe impact. (15 min)
Group 2: for critical analyses and self-reflection (~ 30 min)
- Develop 3-5 alternative approaches/things you could do within the next 6 months that could enhance protection and acknowledgment of animal rights. (10 min)
- Exchange in the group about those options (10 min)
- Write a narrative about how exactly you would go about two of these approaches. (Chose according to your preference or potential impact) (5-10 min each)
End round - all together, whoever wants to share: (~ 15 min)
- What was valuable during the session for you?
- How do you feel now after the session?
- What else comes to mind you'd like to share?